Meet Shelli Pavone, CEO and Co-Founder of Inlightened, a MedTech company that leverages data and technology to connect diverse healthcare professionals and providers. She’s passionate about bringing greater diversity to the healthcare industry.
In this episode, we delve into Shelli’s career journey, from pursuing psychology, to working in pharmaceutical sales, to building her own MedTech company – plus lessons learned along the way.
- The importance of listening to feedback and building a thick skin so you can really take it onboard.
- Why we need more minorities involved in clinical trials, and more medical providers with diverse perspectives.
- The benefit of naivety when starting a business.
- The challenges of building a tech product from the ground up, and how you can overlook simple things like including an unsubscribe option!
- The importance of building a network and finding other people who work in STEM.
- This is a great episode to listen to if you’re starting out your career in STEM, or planning a career transition in the future. Our discussion with Shelli will give you some interesting points to mull over, while bolstering your confidence and love of innovation.
Connect with Shelli Pavone
Visit Inlightened’s website
Follow Shelli on Twitter
Connect with Shelli on LinkedIn
And if you’d like to hear more inspiring conversations with women in tech, be sure to follow the Girls in Tech podcast and connect with us on our social channels:
Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
If you loved this episode, please leave us a review and let us know!
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | GooglePlay | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRadio