GoDaddy’s (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With over 13 million customers worldwide and more than 61 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
The domains platform team is the fundamental backbone that will enable all of that to happen. We are building globally scalable REST-based modern web services, and everything else around it that this entails – automated self-healing, disaster recovery, uptime deployments, simulating fault in production, and many other key buzz words that you’ll hear about the service world. Everything that relates to a domain and addressability of a ‘thing’ goes through our platform.
Our team builds on an open source stack. We use OpenStack VMs with Docker images, RabbitMQ queues, Cassandra DBs, and the Akka Actor model. We build primarily in Java, and participate quite heavily in open source efforts, even hosting a few open source projects ourselves. If any of this sounds exciting to you, and if you want to help build the future of addressability on the web, we would love to hear from you!
- Resolving production issues detected by monitoring systems, data checks, or customer support tickets in a professional and timely manner.
- Designing and developing software solutions for high performance, high availability, low maintenance, and easy diagnosis of problems.
- Collaborating with immediate team and peer teams to produce reusable software solutions that meet business initiatives and employ consistent design patterns.
- Evaluating emerging technologies for opportunities to improve existing systems. We welcome innovators!
- 6+ years of experience in software development is required
- 4+ years of experience writing web applications and/or web services is required
- Microsoft ASP.NET C# web development experience is required
- Rest API development experience
- Very strong understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong communication skills are required
- Ability to drive projects through the lifecycle to completion, exercising creative ways to get issues resolved.
- GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qCH9Vfw7&s=Girls_in_Tech&nl=1&page=Apply&j=oWaO1fwF →