GoDaddy’s (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With approximately 13 million customers worldwide and more than 59 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
The focus of this position will be on designing, managing and maintaining the platform for one of our flagship hosting products. You will be making sure that GoDaddy hosting is the best in the industry and enabling millions of customers worldwide to achieve their dreams.
- Conduct performance analysis and monitoring of multiple hosting products/platforms
- Identify, plan and implement solutions that continually improve the platform to allow for the most efficient management of the environment while offering the best customer experience
- Automation development for infrastructure efficiencies and automation intelligence for alert responses
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure roadmap goals are met
- Code contributions in languages such as Python, C/C++, Bash, Ruby
- On-call rotations and Incident call handling
- 10+ years system/engineering experience or equivalent education
- Skilled with Bash and at least one other scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc).
- Experience troubleshooting production issues in a wide-scale server environment (10,000+ hosts)
- Deep understanding of how TCP/IP and the Network stack functionsn
- You love automating manual processes
- Extensive experience with *Nix systems (primary focus on RHEL/CentOS) and remote storage solutions (NFS, ZFS, etc.)
- Knowledgeable with MySQL query syntax and strong MySQL configuration knowledge
- Experience with virtualization technology (Virtuozzo, VMWare, OpenStack etc.)
- Experience with Apache, PHP, FCGID, and other web server/hosting technologies
- Experience with CloudLinux
- Familiarity with source control tools
- Experience working within an Agile environment and utilizing Scrum
Tools We Work With:
- Puppet, Spacewalk, Jenkins, Sensu
- Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra
- ElasticSearch, Kibana
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit hire.jobvite.com.