GoDaddy’s (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With over 13 million customers worldwide and more than 61 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
The Lead Software Engineer on the Cloud Platform team at GoDaddy develops next-gen platforms and technologies that enable millions of users to build their online presence. We’re building a cloud that handles users at web-scale. As a lead software engineer, you’ll work on and grow a small team focused on the evolution of our cloud infrastructure. We require that our engineers are versatile and passionate so they can take on new problems and technologies as we continue to redefine what ‘state of the art’ truly means. We are looking for someone with ideas and skills from every area of CS, including distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking, and security. You’ll work in small teams that use Agile to keep up in a fast-paced technology environment. You’ll thrive in a versatile and passionate team that hungers to tackle big problems as we continue to push cloud technology forward.
- Design and implement scalable server side code and cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS.
- Lead a team of software engineers and grow the team through great hiring.
- Provide thought leadership for cloud technology and work with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver the GoDaddy Cloud Platform.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of general software programming experience in Java, C/C++, Python, Go, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Large scale systems software development and design experience, with knowledge of Linux.
- Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms as well as virtualization. Examples include OpenStack, AWS, and Azure.
- Strong analytical and software design skills with a solid foundation in algorithms and data structures.
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit hire.jobvite.com.