AMPLIFY, Girls in Tech’s exclusive pitch night for female founded startups, and the world’s largest women’s startup pitch competition, is now open for applicants applying to its 2016 event. Any startup with at least one female founding member is welcome to apply for a chance to win seed funding, office space, laptops and other equipment. But hurry—you must apply by October 24!
The real question is: why wouldn’t you attend AMPLIFY?
- Only in its second year, AMPLIFY is already a “must-attend” event for entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, and designers
- AMPLIFY explores the latest trends in innovation, technology, and—most importantly—showcases the best and brightest female tech entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley and beyond
- Get exposed to early-stage startup investors and seasoned Technorati
- Winners will receive cash (need we say more?) along with other awesome resources, such as office space, laptops or equipment to move their startup forward.
About the Event
Get ready to spend a full half-day basking in the heat of AMPLIFY’s top 10 finalists as they present—live and on stage, baby—to 400+ attendees! We’re talking a full blown pitch show down. But it’s not all going to be pitches—we’ll also be featuring three luminary keynote speakers, Silicon Valley veterans, die-hards and experts. These speakers will break up the pitches and provide success stories and words of wisdom for the crowd as the night goes on.
Each startup will have just 10 minutes to present its best pitch. Judges will get five minutes to critique and ask questions. After each finalist has presented, the judges will choose the final winner and present the winner with her full suite of prizes on stage—including her seed funding check.
The evening will wrap up with celebrations and a cocktail networking mixer. Attendees will include entrepreneurs, startup employees, journalists, VCs, angel investors, high-tech industry employees, sales reps and more. This is a great opportunity to showcase your startup and network the night away!
Do you qualify?
You qualify for AMPLIFY if your startup:
- has developed technology (software, hardware, mobile product)
- has at least one female founder
- is headquartered or have a satellite office in the U.S.
- has an actual product to demo (note: no PPT presentations allowed!)
- is between 6 and 36 months’ old
Here’s What People Had to Say About Last Year’s Event
“Pitches were good and enjoyed the crowd!”
“I thought it was very well organized and the entrepreneur pitches were far more polished than at most similar events. Congratulations!”
“I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the companies pitching! They were all fantastic so kudos to you for setting the bar very high.”
“The keynotes were very good.”