Lady Pitch Night USA 2015 announces keynote speakers, Jennifer Tejada; former President & CEO of Keynote, Stephanie Telenius; CEO/Founder of Vida Health, Arum Kang; CEO/Founder of Coffee Meets Bagel, and Yvonne Wassenaar, CIO of New Relic to kick off annual competition.
San Francisco – Girls in Tech, an organization focused on the empowerment, engagement, and education of women in technology, along with Genentech, State Farm, NASDAQ, H&R Block-Small Business, Automattic, Institutional Venture Partners, Franklin Templeton Investments, LoopUp, YouNoodle, GoDaddy, is hosting a half-day pitch competition for early-stage technology startups for female entrepreneurs at Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center in San Francisco. The event will take place Tuesday, November 10th. The panel of judges consists of the following experienced tech professionals and investors:
- Lisa Hook – Chief Executive Officer of Neustar since October 2010. Prior to joining Neustar, Ms. Hook served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Sunrocket, Inc., a voice over IP, or VOIP, service provider, from 2006 to 2007.
- Brianna Wu – Head of Development at Giant Spacekat, a software engineer and the host of Isometric and Rocket on the Relay.FM network.
- Roseanne Wincek – Vice President, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), previously a Principal at Canaan Partners,(a leading early stage venture firm) co-founded imthemusic and built music apps on the early Facebook platform, Stanford M.B.A.
- Yasi Baiani – Head of Product, Fitbit, previously CEO and Co-Founder of ActivePepper, a health and fitness mobile company and the Product Innovation Manager at athenahealth, a $5.5 billion healthcare IT firm, Board of Director of Iranian Alumni of Harvard and The Reset Foundation. Harvard MBA
- Alison Wagonfeld – Operating Partner of Emergence Capital. Prior to joining Emergence, Alison was the Executive Director of the Harvard Business School California — Research Center located in Menlo Park, California. Prior to HBS, Alison worked at Intuit, where she co-founded QuickenLoans.
- Duncan Logan – Founder and CEO of RocketSpace, a technology campus in the heart of San Francisco. RocketSpace’s perfect ecosystem has fueled the success of more than 700 startups, including Uber, Spotify and Leap Motion, and more than 75 corporate partners, such as Tata Communications, Accenture, Converse, and British Airways. At 24, he started his first company, CITYPRO, which he built to $8 million in revenue over a three year period, before its sale in 2000.
- Monique Morrow is the CTO New Frontiers Development and Engineering at Cisco as of November 2014. Monique was the first CTO of Cisco Services from June 2013 to November 2014 where she lead the development of Cisco Services Technologies mapped to Services Customer Solution Reference Architecture that is now foundational for Cisco Customer Solutions implementation. Monique has a track record of co-innovating with customers, that has transcended the globe from North America, Europe and Asia
- Gil Penchina is a serial entrepreneur and prolific angel investor. He is the largest angel on AngelList where he is a partner in Flight.vc which manages over 20 investment syndicates supported by over 3,000 other angels. He is a co-founder of Fastly, and board member at Vouch Financial. Previously he was CEO of Wikia and was a member of the pre-IPO team at eBay. He has a Bachelors in Engineering from the University of Massachusetts and an MBA from Kellogg.
- Denise Terry – CEO of Embrace Health, Denise led product and sales teams for high tech startups across mobile, consumer Internet, social media and SaaS, including three acquisitions by Microsoft and Experian.
- Jonathan Abrams – Founder & CEO of Nuzzel and co-founder and Managing Partner of Founders Den. Previously, Jonathan was the founder & CEO of Socializr, Friendster, and HotLinks, and a software engineer at companies such as Netscape and Nortel.
- Michael Hughes – Co-CEO and Co-Founder of LoopUp, Founder of The Silicon Valley Internship Programme (SVIP), and an Executive Board Member of the British American Business Council.
- Andy McLoughlin – Venture Partner with SoftTech VC, one of the most active seed stage investors in the Bay Area. Prior to joining SoftTech in 2015, Andy was co-founder and EVP of London and San Francisco-based Huddle, a leading enterprise SaaS collaboration company.
The winner will receive a $25,000 cash prize along with additional resources such as office space for 6 months provided by RocketSpace, and laptops for the winning team, to help move their startup forward!
Hosting this phenomenal pitch night is none other than Emmy Award Winning Anchor & Entrepreneur, Kym McNicholas! Kym is the current host of the Tech2 Show (Channel 5), founder of Kymerview, and Executive Director of Extreme Tech Challenge.
Also on the Lady Pitch Night USA ticket are four amazing keynote speakers: Yvonne Wassenaar, Chief Information Officer at New Relic, Stephanie Telenius, CEO & Founder of health coaching app VIDA, Jennifer Tejada, former CEO and President of Keynote, and Arum Kang, co/Founder of Coffee Meets Bagel .
“ My perspective is at least 50% of entrepreneurs should be women, but today women start businesses at roughly half the rate of men. I am excited to be part of the Girls in Tech Lady Pitch Night USA to help us get a step closer to making my dream a reality. Collectively we can turn the tide by providing much needed visibility and support to today’s female entrepreneurs.”
— Yvonne Wassenaar
“Women entrepreneurs have much to offer the business world and I’m honored to be part of a meaningful group of women who serve as an incredible force with their diverse backgrounds and skills,” said Jennifer Tejada. “Being a leading voice for women in technology is especially important to me, and Girls in Tech Lady Pitch Night celebrates the accomplishments of women and inspires us all to continue educating the next generation of women.”
For more information on rules, eligibility, and tickets to attend, visit Girls in Tech Lady Pitch Night USA online at: https://girlsintech.org/ladypitchnightsf/.