AMPLIFY application criteria.
How To Enter AMPLIFY 2013 Entrepreneurial Business Pitch Competition
1.) Fill out the AMPLIFY 2013 application form and profile online [INSERT LINK HERE] or if you already have a Vator startup profile, you can easily submit that.
You may continue updating your online application up to the closing date of September 9, 2013 at noon PST.
2.) Two voting rounds – Popular voting and the Vator scoring round.In the first round, Vator will apply its proprietary scoring system, which acts as a filter to rank startups. This scoring system is based on the backers and investors, so startups are encouraged to build their profiles in order to get extra points and be noticed. Simultaneously, popular voting will be taking place, which means that startups can encourage friends, family, fans, colleagues and investors to vote for them and spread the word on their behalf. The top 18 startups will go onto the second round or the “Judges’ Round” in which judges will evaluate startups based on three criterion:
b.) Commercial Viability
3.) Submit your application form by September 9, 2013 no later than noon PST.
Submission dates will start on July 15, 2013 and ends on September 9, 2013.
4.) Vator and Girls in Tech will notify the top 10 finalists on September 17, 2013 at noon PST. At this time, Vator and Girls in Tech will provide finalists with instructions regarding the live presentations to the panel of high-profile judges and the overall conference on October 8, 2013.
5.) All applicants are invited to participate in the conference on October 8, 2013 at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay. The 10 finalists will pitch live at AMPLIFY 2013 [INSERT LINK]
The event will be live-streamed via Ustream at [INSERT LINK] (#AMPLIFY)
AMPLIFY WINNING START-UP PRIZE
The winning startup at AMPLIFY 2013 will receive:
· A meeting with a top VC (Marc Andreessen)
· A one-year service to Amazon Web Services
· Usage of a desk at co-working space XYZ
· Access to promote the winning start-up to Girls in Tech & Vator’s combined network of over 20,000 people
· 2 Free tickets to VatorSplash
· An interview with TechStars founder, Brad Feld
· Immediate entry to GIT360, Girls in Tech’s Entrepreneur Labs Program in 2014
· A meeting with top angel investor and seasoned entrepreneur, Naval Ravikant
· Seed funding sponsored by XYZ
More prizes to be announced!
Judges who will be present at the live conference on October 8, 2013: [INCLUDE LINKS TO BIOS] (FYI – these are place holders)
- Brad Feld, TechStars & Foundry Group
- Naval Ravikant, AngelList
- Jalak Jobanputra, RTP Ventures
- Joy Marcus, DFJ Gotham
Judges [INCLUDE LINKS TO BIOS] (FYI – these are place holders)
- Anna Khan, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Arif Janmohamed, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Beth Ferreira, Fab
- Brendan Baker, Greylock Partners
- Charlie O’Donnell, Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Chris Paik, Thrive Capital
- Christiaan Vorkink, True Ventures
- Cindy Padnos, Illuminate Ventures
- Dan Levine, Accel Partners
- David Weekly, Mexican.VC
- Deborah Jackson, JumpThru & Women Innovate Mobile
How to get your application kicked-off!
Applying to AMPLIFY 2013 is a cinch!
1. Fill out the online application form for AMPLIFY here [INSERT LINK] The application deadline is September 9, 2013 at noon PST – This is a very straight forward application, however, should be the center of the applicants’ focus since investors as well as the general public (anyone who has access to the internet), will be able to vote for you.
2. Promote your product profile on Vator to your friends, family and people within your network – Your Vator profile serves as a product or service overview and pitch, which should be straight forward but also, excite and entice visitors to vote for you. Your profile can include text, photos as well as video, which provide you with multiple ways to be creative, dynamic and animated in capturing your audience. The video should highlight the “secret sauce” and elements of your big light bulb idea to entice people to vote for you above anyone else applying to the competition. The photo size should be [INSERT SIZE] and the video size should be [INSERT SIZE] and should be uploaded to Vator’s voting platform here [INSERT LINK].
The top 10 finalists will be invited to present at the AMPLIFY 2013 Competition at the Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay on October 8th. If you are selected as a finalist, at least two members of your team must present at the conference.
1. The founding team must have at least one female
2. The product or service should be a web or mobile-based product (either in the B2C or B2B domain). Hardware products will be considered if it is a bona fide “technology” product.
3. Your product prototype must be in alpha or beta mode.
4. Your company should have raised no more than $1.5M in funding
5. AMPLIFY is focused on passionate entrepreneurs with that “light bulb idea” that is considered to be disruptive, useful and/or that solves a problem.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!